Oct 1, 2009

I recommend Halcoussis

For college students taking or those who wish to take introductory course on econometrics in the future, I highly recommend the book "Understanding Econometrics" by Dennis Halcoussis. I assure you it is the simplest book I have ever encountered on econometrics. It does not contain a lot of those Greek symbols that most of us are dreading about. Instead, it uses abbreviated words in the equations and is very intuitive and layman in the explanations.


When I read it, it was one of those rare occasions that I didn't grew too tired. Unlike in other texts wherein you could really get tired trying to understand them and yet you still end up frowning in the end. I say it's really useful and it's one textbook I've read with great focus from cover to cover. I wonder if Halcoussis already has a more advanced text written like this one. I'd surely buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment