Sep 23, 2009

Igado Recipe

Here is my sister-in-law's IGADO recipe, the Ilocano way. I've cooked it several times and I can say that it has become one of my friends' favorite dish among those that I serve during special occasions. Back in the countryside, in my place, we cook this dish during Fiesta, Weddings, Baptismal and even Funeral. The way it is cooked is much like that of the chicken adobo so it's very simple. What you need:

1/2 kilo pork strips
1/2 kilo pork liver strips
5 pcs. bell pepper (green and red)
raisins

green peas

For marinating, you need:
soy sauce
black pepper
dried laurel leaves
red vinegar (sugar cane vinegar), 1 to 2 tbsp.
Sprite (half cup)



Marinate the pork and pork liver for atleast an hour.
Put the marinade in a pan and cook it until the pork and liver are cooked.
Continue cooking in low fire until the igado has very little amount of sauce remaining.
Then add the bell pepper, green peas and raisins and you're done.
To add some excitement when you eat, dip it in vinegar with chilis, really appetizing!
SARAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment