May 13, 2012

Revisiting Cebu

It is a pleasure I have had the chance to come back to Cebu after a decade. I visited Cebu back in 2002. Gosh, that was ages ago. And I can say, so much have changed...but not its being timeless and picturesque. Though the trip was somewhat officially a business one, I had a chance to do point and shoot. Allow me to illustrate my experience not only in words but in photos. Basilica del Sto. Nino - the Basilica is famous for housing what is considered as the oldest religious relic in the country - the image of Sto. Nino, the same image that Magellan gave to Queen Juana as a gift during the baptism of King Humabon and his wife Queen Juana on April 14, 1521, according to Basilica del Sto. Nino website. There is a long queue of people, shown in fifth photo below, wanting to get a glimpse of that image, which is located at the right side of the church adjacent to the altar.Basilica del Sto Nino 5Basilica del Sto Nino Basilica del Sto Nino 3 Basilica del Sto Nino 2 Basilica del Sto Nino 4 Basilica del Sto Nino 6 Basilica del Sto Nino 7
Magellan's Cross - was a so-so. Not quite my favorite but the photo is nice with a sunset as a backdrop. Magellan's Cross 2 Magellan's Cross Casa Verde - an old house turned into a restaurant, where we had our dinner after our not so great day at the now crowded NAIA 3. We had their bestseller Brian's Ribs (P208). Tip: this is actually for 2 persons, such a huge plate. If you don't like sweet viands, this is not quite for you coz I find it too sweet. I guess it is over-rated for its popularity. But the ambiance is great, the garden is nice at night. Overall experience - fun. Sorry I didn't catch a photo of the dish - ran out of battery (already!) DSC_0488 casa verde casa verde 2 Golden Cowrie Native Restaurant - a great place to feast on that Filipino favorites - crispy pata, bulalo, imbao (clam soup) and others. Nice place to bond with your friends and colleagues. They have a beautiful place I must say. I will definitely come back again. I particularly liked the clam soup, it is a clear soup that I supposed is so simply done yet has a very nice taste. Loved it. Golden Cowrie Golden Cowrie 2 Golden Cowrie 3 Golden Cowrie 5 Golden Cowrie 4

2 comments: